Here are some simple strategies you can use today to improve your B2B Marketing. These tips will increase web conversions, email open’s and digital campaign, Linkedin and word-of-mouth effectiveness courtesy of SAIPR. Ready to get started?
(Excerpts from our Webinar)
AMP UP your Email:
Email still works and since COVID-19 experienced a boost in ROI for small and medium-size businesses, so use it! Build your email contact list by adding more sign-up opportunities to your website, include offers that require sign-up and consider purchasing B2B lists from brokers.
- Segment your email list. Segmented email campaigns see 14.31% higher open rates and 74.53% higher click rates as compared to non-segmented email campaigns (Mailchimp). If your clients consist of lawyers and architects, send different messages reflecting who they are.
- Subject Lines persuade readers to open email. People are more likely to open an email with a subject like “3 ways to improve your marketing today” than “We can help with your marketing today.” Content matters. More on this later.
- Better Call-to-Action buttons (for email, social media, digital ads and websites!)
- “Request Pricing” generated a 95% increase in conversion initiation over “Request a Quote.” (MarketingSherpa)
- “Join the conversation” generated a 34% higher conversion rate than “Submit comment.” (MarketingSherpa)
- “Get Started Now” generated a 22% conversion rate while “Try Now” had a 14% conversion rate. (MarketingSherpa)
- Landing Pages Matter:
- Conversion doesn’t take place inside the email; it actually takes place on your website. But don’t send readers to a generic page. Make sure your landing page reflects the content in your email, otherwise visitors feel cheated.
AMP UP your Digital Ads
Online advertising is now larger than TV, and the gap is growing. You can now target B2B with the power of television, the precision of direct mail and the interactivity of the internet.
- Personalize message to target audience. Don’t try to be everything to all people – remember if your clients consist of lawyers and architects, target them with different messages.
- Ads should work like subject lines or calls-to-action. Just like buttons, ads matters.
- Just like email, build custom landing pages for each ad.
AMP UP your Website:
The first thing potential customers do is check your online presence and it is where conversion happens!
- Use a blogging feature – Small businesses with blogs get 126% more lead growth than small businesses without. A whopping 77% of internet users read blogs.
- Headings work like a subject line or a call to action. Make them irresistible.
- This headline “Get More Readers as Early as Today” increased conversions by 321% by creating sense of urgency over “Drive More Traffic to Your Blog.” (MarketingSherpa)
- Create reasons for people to sign-up (get those email addresses!)
- Offer Newsletters
- Offer Downloadable “White paper” or “How to Guide” or “3 Reason why to…”
- When asking for information in an email opt-in form, ask for as little information as possible. Using one additional form field decreased conversions by 11 percent.
- Build custom landing pages for each email and ad campaign to reflect the email and ad.
AMP UP your Linkedin:
- Post content that is “value add” to your target customer (see first bullet under Bonus Ideas).
- Do NOT post links to other websites!!! Instead of posting other articles, write a synopsis of the article with your thoughts on your blog (include a link to the original article there). Then post your blog story to Linkedin. Drive traffic to your site!
- Offer white papers and other value-add pieces to position yourself as an expert. Again, drive people to your website.
- Up to 70% of B2B content goes unused. Create high-value pieces that contribute to your sales efforts. Case studies, webinars, product demos, anything that targets the pain points of prospects. The average buyer views five or more pieces from the winning vendor before deciding to purchase.
- Add images and video to content. According to studies, visual recall is stronger than audio or text. When people hear information, they remember 10% of it three days later. But add pictures, they remember 65% of it after three days.
- Since business owners and department heads are now using their mobile devices to research business solutions, make your website accessible through any device and optimize it for the biggest screens down to the smallest gadgets.
- Video is now the most common format in content marketing, overtaking blogs and infographics. Promotional videos and brand storytelling are the most common video types.
- Word-of-mouth: research shows that a high-impact recommendation—from a trusted friend, —is up to 50 times more likely to trigger a purchase than is a low-impact recommendation. Create a plan, whether it’s rewarding referring customers or providing an email template that makes it easy for them to recommend you.
Happy Marketing from SAIPR!